Change in my life due to sudden quirk of fate

My wife is suffering mentally. She lost her mind. Which ,in a sudden quark of fate completely transformed my life. In this transformation I came to look after our child. I left my active life and put all my energies to parenting. In the process learned the hard way that parenting is a very serious subject and needs absolute dedication. During this time, most of my so called friends, relatives deserted me. I went through months of grief and anger. Fortunately the way I tried to mask my pain was through sheer dedication. The only companion I had in this hour of need was the companionship of God. I was anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving was expressed and I also let my requests be made known to God. There are some advantages in belonging to this world. Suffering makes us struggle and reflect about what we believe and what life means. This struggle makes us richer, deeper people. We learn things about what's important in life that can only be learned by suffering. My own suffering has given me compassion for others.